Extension Activities- 2015
Extension activity provides a link between the department and the Society. In order to create socially sensitive citizens, the second semester students are made aware of the common extension activities through various extension activities in the rural areas of anand district. Extension activities are organized based on the need of the community around. So the institution involves the local community especially the Panchayat members to execute extension activities. Activities of students are as follows in different categories
A) Health Related Activities:-
1) Awareness on Health, hygiene and cleanliness in the villages
The concept of the street play is based on awareness of cleanliness and importance of cleanliness. The play was organized by the students of department of social work. The H.R student had organized a play in the Vanshkhiliya village to spread the awareness on save cleanliness and its importance by performing in the form of small skit/drama.
Objective behind such plays were:-
• To spread awareness regarding cleanliness among people.
• And also spreading awareness on importance of cleanliness.
• Aware people about effect of cleanliness in our health.
• To inspire the community about awareness to achieve or maintain their village keep clean and public space as well.
The street play turned out to be a huge hit among the audiences present over; the HRM students were successful in their objective of the message they had to pass. The HRM students got a positive response for this play and the villagers insisted to do such more plays in the future.
2) A medical camp was organized by the students of Pratibha Foundation, Vadodara at Dena Village of Vadodara District. A doctor was called for the medical check-up. It was a wonderful exposure for the students. Student volunteers had planned the activity in a significant manner. The villagers had registered themselves for the case of themselves and after that one by one they were being examined by the doctors. It was a great exposure for the villagers to have the free medical camp. The students had also learnt a learnt through this free medical camp at dena village of vadodara district.
3) In mogri village, students of Social Work and HRM had organized a De-Addiction awareness programme. Students had carried out the programme in the school for the children. Students had shown a video to the children and they had given information about the de-addiction. It was wonderful job done by students of Social Work and HRM.
4) Students of Social Work and HRM had organized one activity related to the awareness of HIV/AIDS. Students had arranged a video and posters so that they can get the message in a proper manner. Students had shown them the causes and diagnosis of HIV/AIDS. Students had also gave message that HIV/AIDS people should not be avoided and they should be given proper and fair treatment.
5) Students of Social Work and HRM had organized an awareness campaign on the Dengue disease. Students had conveyed them that Dengue fever is transmitted by the bite of female mosquito an Aedes mosquito. It’s not a contagious disease its not spread from person t person unless and while the affected blood is transmitted or the mosquito can effectively transfer the viruses to people during the mosquito bite.
B) Education related activities.
Students of Department of Social Work had spread awareness among the students of school in the village. The awareness campaign was carried out by students by showing videos to the students in the school. The parents of the school were also being aware by doing the door to door visit. It was such a wonderful session and work done by students to aware people about Right to Education Act.
1) Students of Bhagatsingh All India Youth council fieldwork students had organized a lecture on Importance of Education System in Nadiad and Petlad. Students had made the people understand about the importance of education in a significant manner. It was really a wonderful session delivered by students
2) Education is the transformative learning process that is very essential in creating and promoting mutual understanding across racial, cultural, religious, political and geographical divides. Young people as agents of change have a responsibility in fostering global understanding and peace through creating awareness.
The students had shown a video related to education awareness in the Pratibha Foundation for the students. The students were being aware about importance of education in a very significant manner. It was a wonderful video shown by them. Students of Social Work and HRM conducted the PRA activity in the Jobanpura villages students had done mapping of whole village with help of 3-4 villagers within one day for the help village people.
On the day of field work the student of (Jr.) Social Work and (Jr.) HRM went to the Jobanpura village then they met the sarpunch of the village Sudarshanbhai. They discussed with him the activity that they went to do that day. After that Sarpanch appointed students one person to help us in the PRA activity. They discussed with him all the details that they want for the activity so firstly they start with a transact walk. Then they started making map of the village on the big sheet. And some also collect the timeline of the village that how this village come in to existence. So after collecting all the information that they need they went to a big place to draw the village map and make small cards with a detail inside about villagers. they made resource map, social map and chappati diagram. They also took help of villagers and they are very supportive. After all that they took photographs of the activity and they thank them for their support.
C) Livelihood related activities
Students had collected data related to people who are unemployed in the village in spite of their good education. The data was collected to know the ratio of unemployed people who were educated but still they were unable to get the job. Students of Social Work and HRM found so many people in the village who were unemployed so students had decided to develop their skill by organizing skill development programme. The students had invited in adas village a faculty of skill development who had delivered a lecture on skill development. The faculty member had covered so many important points related to current market situation.
d) Environment related activities.
1)Tree Plantation creates instant forests. We do this by growing tall tree seedlings in the shortest time possible. Our patented technology grows hardwood and softwood tree seedlings to an average height of 10 feet in just 5 years from seed. In a world where quality wood is rapidly disappearing due to climate change, insect infestations and unsustainable logging practices, Tree Plantation is poised to effect a positive change in the world's forests by implementing fast growing tree technology on a global scale.
The students who had placed in Bhagatsingh All India Youth Council, Vallabh Vidyanagar had planted Neem tree and Peepal Tree for the betterment of environment. It was a great initiative taken by students to safeguard the interest of the environmental protection.
2) HRM students have arranged one session on awareness for organic & biodynamic farming for village people as most of them are depending upon agriculture sector. They gave knowledge about traditional methods about farming and benefits of traditional methods of farming.
The objectives of the activities were:-
• To aware village people about different methods of farming which is beneficial for their agriculture sector.
• To explain this all technics with seminar & seminar was taken by expert who is from aanad Agriculture University.
• To explain the importance of traditional methods of agriculture.
Women Related Activities.
1) Women Empowerment:- referring to the empowerment of women in our present society, has become a significant topic of discussion in regards to development and economics. It can also point to the approaches regarding genders in a particular political or social context. “Women empowerment” & “Women equality with men” is a universe issue. Women empowerment refers to increasing and improving the social, economic, political and legal strength of women, to ensure equal right to women, and to make them confident enough to claim their rights. The women in the villages were being aware about the women empowerment via a lecture given by students. The women in the village were being given deep insights of the changing scenario in the current world of women in terms of health, education and employment.
International Women’s Day Celebration:-
Students had started their session by showing them the video of drama about threats received from their husband and raising their voice against it was the main motto for shoeing the video. The Other video was the main motto for shoeing the video. The Other video was for the daughters that whatever they do they do with their confidence and within heart and follow your dreams and concluded the session by taking the photos of women who were present and participated in it. The students had shown a pretty practical approach to show the women empowerment in a significant manner.
PRA group conducted vocational training for the women empowerment in Jobanpura village. They invited expert Mr. Nilesh from Saath NGO for giving session on vocational training for women group.
PRA group conducted the activity on vocational training at jobanpura village , they called resource person Mr. Nilesh from “ SAATH “ NGO , ahmedabad. They gave the expert knowledge on women empowerment to the womens of jobanpura village and after the session some of the women are ready for doing the small scale business of Agarbatthi making .the person they called has provide the enough knowledge and also give his suggestions on the topic of vocational training.