Department Profile

Welcome to the Department of History

The Department was established in 1958, with Dr. Arya Ramchandra G. Tiwari, a noted iconographist, as its founder Head and Reader. At present there are three faculty members: one Professor and two Assistant Professor. The Department offers M.A., M.Phil. and Ph.D. courses; . The M.Phil. course was reintroduced in the year 2014-15. While the Department focuses on modern Indian history with emphasis on village, agrarian, grassroots history, courses on ancient Indian social and economic history, archaeology, epigraphy, numismatics are also offered. The Department has successfully sustained the practice of scholarly research publications. It has not less than 18 books, monographs published in English, Hindi and Gujarati.